Heights Jewish Center Synagogue (HJC)1 aspires to be the most welcoming Orthodox shul in Cleveland2. HJC is a community of Torah, Avodah, and Gemilus Chasadim3, where we adhere to the highest standards of loyalty to the continual study and observance of Toras Emes (Torah of Truth)4, while maintaining Toras Chesed Al Leshona (teaching kindness and courtesy to all)5, regardless of level of observance6; a place for making friends and engaging the entire family.7
- Our official name is: The Heights Jewish Center, Beth Hamidrash Hagadol, Ohave Emuno, Anshe Grodno Congregation, commonly referred to as “HEIGHTS JEWISH CENTER”
- Our board and officers look forward to personally welcoming all first time visitors to our Shul. Newlywed couples are encouraged to join our shul during Shanah Rishonah (their first year of marriage) at no cost.
- We are committed to the observance of the ritual and liturgy each day, mornings and evenings, Sabbaths and Holidays in accordance with the practices of traditional Judaism as set forth in the rules, regulations, commands, and statutes of the Shulchan Arukh, as interpreted by the Orthodox Rabbinate, and in accordance with Ashkenazic customs, in an atmosphere of acceptance and freedom from judgment.
- We have classes, in the mornings and evenings; lunch and learn, Shabbos shiurim, and online divrei Torah on a multitude of topics.
- We care for our members and are there for them in good times and challenging times, sharing simchos and trials, from birth to the end of life, with love and compassion.
- Everyone is welcome to worship and/or learn at Heights! Whether you are just starting on your journey, have been observant your whole life – are somewhere in between – you will find a home here
- Come for the davening, stay for the kiddush. We want to meet you and your families! Husbands AND wives thrive in our congregation, and our children feel like this is their second home. Come – join us.